Cat Kingpin Certified Breeder Agreement
At Cat Kingpin, the well-being of each cat breed is our top priority. We work hard to educate those interested in purchasing and caring for a cat, but we also try our best to connect those same individuals with reputable breeders. Because of this, we’ve created our “Cat Kingpin Certified Breeder Agreement”.Simply put, this is a list of best practices and rules that all of our certified breeders have personally agreed to. Although it isn’t as powerful as visiting each cattery individually, it’s a step to help us preserve the health and safety of every kitten and cat that comes from our list of certified breeders.
1) BREEDINGWhile breeding, I will only use cats that are healthy and free from disease and are consistent with the characteristics of my specific breed of cats. I will do everything I can to give the breeding cats a suitable environment and once a queen has become pregnant, agree to provide her with a safe and comfortable environment to give birth. After a litter has been delivered, I will help the queen care for the litter and provide enough food, water, and attention for each cat/kitten.
2) HEALTHI agree to always keep the physical and mental heath of my cats and kittens at the forefront of my breeding program. I understand that all cats are dependent on me for a safe environment and as a breeder I have a moral and legal responsibility to ensure all cats and kittens in my program are cared for appropriately. To ensure that the cats and kittens are healthy, I will provide them with the following:
- A clean living space large enough for exercise that is preferably indoors.
- Adequate food and water
- An environment where the cats and kittens will interact with other people and/or animals who will treat them kindly.
- Veterinary care and immunizations appropriate to the age of the cat.
3) ADOPTIONWhen allowing my cats and kittens to be adopted by others, their well-being is more important to me than any other factor. I will not sell cats and kittens to wholesalers or retailers. I also won’t buy or sell full litters of kittens at one time. When I sell a cat or kitten to a third-party, I will have a discussion to determine if the potential home is a good fit. I agree to educate the third-party about things that they need to know including, but not limited to, expenses, food and water requirements, time required for care, temperament, ability to live with other people/animals, exercise habits, and any other information that the third-party will find helpful in caring for the cat.
4) PAPERWORKI agree to keep records of all mating efforts and pedigrees. I will register new kittens and mating cats with a reputable cat organization when required (we recommend TICA or the CFA). Some breeds are not recognized in all registries and if that’s the case with my breed, I’ll register them with a reputable registry as valid paperwork is breed dependent. I will keep a veterinarian record on each cat to ensure that the buyer understands what care has been given in the past. I will provide the adopting third-party with written guidelines/instructions to help them care for the cat/kitten and make myself available should any questions arise.
5) RESCUE AND RE-ADOPTIONIf, at anytime, I discover that my previously adopted cats or kittens are in danger, abandoned, neglected, or mistreated, I will do my best to reacquire the cat/kitten and find it another more suitable home.
Please note that if it is discovered that a breeder is in violation of this agreement, they can (and will) be removed from our website without notice if a proper investigation confirms that a violation has been committed. We don’t believe this will happen often, but do want to make our certified breeders aware of it.